Gone are the days when only academic programs were the only activities organized in school and all students focused on that.
- The integration of work and study is the key clement for Montfort School.
- All the students are obliged to gain practical experience in the course of their academic education.
- The concept of clubs is seen as an opportunity for adaptation to life in the group, forming good lifelong habits and cultivating a voluntaristie
- Club activities supplement academics and give the students practical training which they require in day to day life.
- In Montfort School various club activities are organized giving an opportunity to the students to display their talents.
- Yoga, Karate, Painting (Art & Craft), Music, and Dance classes are held for the students at all levels. Band practice also done here.
- Each academic year, the process for selection of the New School Cabinet begins with a series of interactive sessions that bring out the best minds to the forefront. The school cabinet comprises of Head Boy (SPL), Head Girl (Asst. SPL), 8 House Captain. 2 Literary Club (Hindi), 2 Literary Club (English), 2 Cultural Club, 2 Eco Club, 2 Science Club Asst., 2 Maths Club, 2 Art & Craft, 2 Music, 2 Sports club etc.
- To foster qualities of Team-Spirit, Self Confidence, Co-operational and the spirit of Emulation, the school has introduced the ‘HOUSE SYSTEM’ whereby the students are divided into four Houses namely Montfort House, Gabriel House, Louis House and Trichet House. House activities are supervised by the teachers while everything else is taken care under the leadership of House Leader and Asst. House Leader.
- Keeping in view the need to develop the individual holistically, students are encouraged to exploit their latent in areas of music, dance, drama, intellectual pursuits, writing and painting. These activities form an integral part of the curriculum, thus fostering a healthy fostering a healthy culture among the students. Activities like seminars, expositions, presentations, field trips, meets and other related events form a regular feature of the school life.
In our school we have:
English and Hindi club:
- Its objective is to cultivate a love and appreciation for the language.
- To provide a language – rich enuironment for language acquisition.
- Activity by the club are debate, public speaking and presentation skills and skit performances.
- Be it English or Hindi the aim of the club is to inculcate among students a fondness for language and enhance their literary skills.
- The club provides a platform for debating, speech and drama, thus excelling the oratory skills.
- It help to foster a desire for knowledge and boost confidence among the children and helps in personal enrichment and a better understanding of the world as a whole
- It provides a platform for students to participate in inter house and inter school quiz competition.
- To help students to develop a fascination for scientific way of learning.
- Mathematical club plays an important role in motivating the students to learn mathematics with interest and involvement.
Information technology club
- In this high tech world, every student want to acquire knowledge in every field to stay updated, and the club focuses on this need.
- Purpose of cultural club is to enhance personal skills, self presentation, learn team work and collaboration, time management and self discipline and communication.
- Eco club plays an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation.
- The eco clubs manage green activities such as planting trees and medicinal plants and cleanliness drive up activities such as collecting plastics, garbage, uprooting grass etc.
Art and craft club
- Art and craft enriches young children’s experience, motivates and helps them to develop positive attitude towards the school and life beyond the formal education.
- Apart from these we encourage extracurricular activities for the kind in terms of developing all around skills of the students.
- Every Saturday students are involved in various activities like Yoga, Karate, Dance, Painting, Music as per their interest.
- All the activities are organized among the four houses of the school.
- Most of the activities are based on the syllabi of the school
- Parents must encourage their wards to take active participation in all these activities.
- Continuous practice a and perseverance is the only road to success.
- Art and Craft helps children to give shape and colour to their imagination and thus enhance their learning experience.